Emergent Reader: This is a (Winter)
This emergent reader, “Winter” is connected to several CCGPS listed below. This 10 page book is designed so that you can copy the book, cut it in half, staple, and then it is ready for use. The 10 pages consist of a title page “Winter” then each of the remaining nine pages contains a black and white picture at the top of each page and a sentence under the picture. Every page contains the sentence “This is a ______” (including the word to match picture, such as “This is a scarf.”). The nine pictures included are hat, mitten, snowflake, scarf, snowball, snowman, penguin, polar bear, and children with snowman. Students can benefit from this reader by tracking print, identifying spaces between words, identifying particular letters of the alphabet, recognizing sounds (beginning, middle, and ending) in each word, and reading sight words and grade level text. For extension activities, students could add another sentence to each page to add details. The black and white pictures allow students the opportunity to color the pictures. This reader is great for guided reading groups, homework, or literacy center activities.
Title Page: Winter
Page 2: This is a hat.
Page 3: This is a mitten.
Page 4: This is a snowflake.
Page 5: This is a scarf.
Page 6: This is a snowball.
Page 7: This is a snowman.
Page 8: This is a penguin.
Page 8: This is a polar bear.
Page 8: This is winter!
ELACCKRF1a. Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page-by-page.
ELACCKRF1b. Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
ELACCKRF1c. Understand that words are separated by spaces in print. ELACCKRF3a. Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary or many of more frequent sounds for each consonant.
ELACCKRF3c. Read common high-frequency words by sight.
ELACCKRF4. Read emergent-reader texts with purpose and understanding.
Please consider following my shop by clicking on the heart for updates on new products, flash freebies, giveaways, and future sale events. Please leave me some feedback. I appreciate it and it helps you earn credits towards your next purchase!
You may also like:
Literacy & Math
1. Winter Print & Learn Literacy & Math
2. Morning Work (February)
Reading & Writing
1. Scrambled Sentences (February)
2. Fix It Up Sentences (February)
3. Snowman Read & Write
4. Winter Read & Write
1. Writing Through The Year
2. Writing Center Packet (February)
3. February Words (Sentence Writing)
4. Winter Words (Sentence Writing)
5. Opinion Writing: 100th Day of School
6. Opinion Writing: Holidays
7. Opinion Writing: Polar Animals
8. Opinion Writing: Seasons
9. Opinion Writing: Favorite Sweets
10. Opinion Writing: Favorite Valentine Gift
1. Emergent Reader: Mittens
2. Emergent Reader: Snowflakes (Numbers 0-20 and Ten Frames)
3. Emergent Reader: Hearts
4. Emergent Reader: Here is a Snowman
5. Emergent Reader: The Party
6. Emergent Reader: I see a Snowman
7. Emergent Reader: This is a (Winter)
Numbers and Number Words
1. Numbers & Sets to 10 Winter
2. Ordinal Numbers
3. Numbers Sequencing--Snowman
4. Numbers Sequencing--Penguins
5. Numbers Sequencing--Mittens (Color)
6. Numbers Sequencing--Mittens (B&W)
7. Numbers Sequencing--Hearts
8. Numbers Hide & Seek
1. Ten Frames 0-10 Winter
2. Ten Frames 0-10 Winter (Fill in the Ten Frame)
3. Ten Frames 11-20 Winter (Fill in the Ten Frame)
1. Letter Recognition A-Z
2. FL Book (Blends and Sentence Writing)
3. CR Book (Blends and Sentence Writing)
4. Sh Book (Digraphs-and-Sentence-Writing)
5. Beginning Sounds (February)
Addition & Subtraction
1. February Addition Story Book
2. February Subtraction Story Book
3. Addition Word Problems (February)
4. Addition Problems with Manipulatives (February)
5. Subtraction Problems with Manipulatives (February)
6. Subtraction Word Problems (February)
Thanks for stopping by!
Visit me at My Blog
Like me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest
Clip Art from Ink n Little Things, Fun Classroom Creations, mycutegraphics.com, and clker.com