A pack designed to teach kindergarten students how to write without getting bogged down by details! Help students remember what is expected (and learn the mechanics of writing) through a fun chant. It's easy to recall and has posters, icons and sheets to coordinate your writer's workshop, writing center or writing time efforts.
- Writing Process Song Lyrics - Original song lyrics (and an audio download) to a popular tune that will have all of your students chanting along! Designed for teachers to use while modeling writing during interactive and shared writing experiences. Students will use this song/chant to learn the basic steps towards using simple conventions of writing and begin applying them on their own.
- 6 Writing Process Posters - Feature icon/picture labels so even beginning readers are successful at learning the basic steps! Post them, refer to them and model using them during your interactive and shared writing experiences.
- Writing Process Individual Poster - Help students apply basic writing conventions of writing on their own. Use as reference material to place in individual student writing folders and help keep students on track!
- 6 Writing Process Write-On Posters - Allow students to "sign" their name to the appropriate poster when you've seen it modeled/mastered in their writing. These posters edify what you want to see in their writing and works like a charm to share positive expectations and make all students want to grow and take more risks in their writing in order to participate.
- Self, Peer & Teacher Editing/Conference Sheet - Checklist to help students become aware of and proficient in self-editing, peer-editing and help keep track of your one-on-one student conferences
- 2 Planning Diagrams - Help students think through their ideas (or to provide an additional level of support)! Features a brainstorming web or a bulleted list - both simple and perfect to use for young writers and picture-drawers.
This is a DIGITAL FILE. No physical product will be mailed to you. You'll receive a link to an INSTANT DOWNLOAD in both your order confirmation email and under your "Purchases" dashboard.
This file is NOT EDITABLE. Custom edits and the original files in .cdr format are not available at this time. Please send a personal message if you find a typo or have a suggestion for a future product update. Updates are FREE and available from your dashboard.
Are you already a follower? If not, start today! You'll be the first to hear of NEW products so you can SAVE 25% off the first 24 hours a product becomes available. Follow Me Now!
You may also like: See, Stamp, Write | Ocean Math and Literacy | Literacy Center Posters
Join me on Kindergartenworks.com for freebies, teaching ideas and organization ideas. Or join in the conversation on facebook with thousands of other kindergarten teachers!
KindergartenWorks.com | Teacher T-Shirts | Facebook
Helps Meet Common Core English/Language Arts Standards:
- K.W.1.g. Use a combination of drawing and writing to independently compose an opinion/preference piece about a fictional topic/book.
- K.W.1.h. Use a combination of drawing and writing to independently compose an opinion/preference piece about a nonfictional topic/book.
- K.W.2. Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to compose informative/explanatory texts in which they name what they are writing about and supply some information about the topic.
- K.W.2.e. Use drawings, dictating, and writing to convey facts about a topic.
- K.W.3. Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to narrate a single event or several loosely linked events, tell about the events in the order in which they occurred, and provide a reaction to what happened.
- K.W.3.b. Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to sequence several events or experiences into a beginning, middle, or end of a narrative.
- K.L.1.f-1. Produce complete sentences in shared language activities.
- K.L.1.f-2. Write by moving left to right and from top to bottom.
- K.L.1.f-3. Produce a complete simple sentence in writing.
- K.L.1.f-4. Expand complete sentences in shared language activities.
- K.L.1.f-5. Expand complete sentences in independent writing.
- K.L.2. Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
- K.L.2.a-1. Capitalize the first word in a sentence.
- K.L.2.a-2. Capitalize the pronoun I in writing.
- K.L.2.b. Recognize and name end punctuation.
- K.L.2.c-1. Write a letter or letters for consonant sounds (phonemes).
- K.L.2.c-2. Write a letter or letters for short vowel sounds (phonemes).
- K.L.2.d. Spell simple words phonetically, drawing on knowledge of sound-letter relationships.
In a nutshell - It's yours to store privately and use personally.
- One license purchase allows you access to the file for use in your own personal classroom.
- You can download and store the purchased digital file (and revisions downloaded from your dashboard) onto a computer(s), device (s) or cloud-based account(s) to which only you can access the product (Private).
- Copyrighted material (purchased file and all revisions) may not be uploaded to a blog, website, forum or cloud-based account where others can access it (Shared/Public Settings).