A FUN and EFFECTIVE way to practice beginning number concepts! With Monster Numbers, students will learn:
- how to count
- number order
- handwriting numerals
- find ways to make numbers
Using a creative, themed ten frame (a Monster Keeper) students will enjoy mastering numbers 1-10.
Update: The audio book is also a Youtube video!
- 35 page book called, "Monster Numbers" - The book hits standards in two sections. Students learn that counting is touching items 1:1 and saying the next number that comes in order. Secondly, they practicing 1:1 using the pictures and learning to handwrite the numbers 1-10 using simple, catchy chants.
- Audio recording (mp3) of this book ready to be burned onto a CD.
- CD label image
- 3 differentiated sets of number puzzles (Matching numbers to ten frames 1-10)
- Handwriting 0-10 chant poster/parent resource
- 11 page "My Monster Numbers" mini-book (Students can practice making, writing and showing ways to make numbers 5-10.)
- 5 workmats and 5 matching recording sheets (Practice ways to make numbers 5-10 using objects and simple addition)
- Manipulative monster pictures and monster-themed ten frames (Monster-Keepers)
This is a DIGITAL FILE. No physical product will be mailed to you. You'll receive a link to an INSTANT DOWNLOAD in both your order confirmation email and under your "Purchases" dashboard. **You'll need to unzip this file after downloading. How to unzip a file.**
This file is NOT EDITABLE. Custom edits and the original files in .cdr format are not available at this time. Please send a personal message if you find a typo or have a suggestion for a future product update. Updates are FREE and available from your dashboard.
Are you already a follower? If not, start today! You'll be the first to hear of NEW products so you can SAVE 25% off the first 24 hours a product becomes available. Follow Me Now!
You may also like: Monster Stamping Pages | Monster Number Playdough Mats | Guided Math Pack
Join me on Kindergartenworks.com for freebies, teaching ideas and organization ideas. Or join in the conversation on facebook with thousands of other kindergarten teachers!
KindergartenWorks.com | Teacher T-Shirts | Facebook
Helps Meet Common Core Mathematics Standards:
- K.CC.3.a Recognize numbers from 0-10.
- K.CC.3.b Print numbers from 0-9 when prompted.
- K.CC.4.a Count objects by touching them singularly while saying the number name.
- K.CC.4.b-1 Recognize that the last number named tells the number of objects counted.
- K.CC.4.c Recognize that each successive number name refers to a quantity that is one larger.
- K.MP.4. Model with mathematics.
- K.OA.1.a Represent addition with objects, fingers, and sounds to identify the meaning of addition as putting together and adding to.
- K.OA.1.c Explain orally addition as putting together and adding to.
- K.OA.4.a State the number that makes 5 when added to any given number 1-4 with objects.
In a nutshell - It's yours to store privately and use personally.
- One license purchase allows you access to the file for use in your own personal classroom.
- You can download and store the purchased digital file (and revisions downloaded from your dashboard) onto a computer(s), device (s) or cloud-based account(s) to which only you can access the product (Private).
- Copyrighted material (purchased file and all revisions) may not be uploaded to a blog, website, forum or cloud-based account where others can access it (Shared/Public Settings).