Assess the fundamental common core standards that most commonly appear on kindergarten report cards and develop over the course of the year. Use the printable assessment packet (can be copied for each student) and keep track of scores and reassessment/progress data in the included Excel spreadsheet. Ideal if your principal or administration is asking for evidence of progress or growth!
What Makes this Product Unique:
- The assessment packet is kinder-friendly and includes workspaces with a fun kindergarten theme.
- Recording is designed to be quick and flexible for teachers. Recording all in one place will show growth over the course of the year!
- Spreadsheet follows the order of the packet to make recording quick. This valuable tool communicates student progress to administrators and shows the growth of all students in one place.
- Designed by Teachers for Teachers!
- Year-long Assessment Packet to Assess Fundamental Common Core Standards — 33 pages (pdf)
- Excel Spreadsheet to Record and Track Progress (Microsoft Excel)
- Tester Recording Tips
- Tracking and Excel Spreadsheet Tips
- Customizable Sight Word Assessment Pages - 4 pages (Microsoft PowerPoint)
Download the preview to see some sample pages.
> Need to assess more or all of the common core standards? Get the Complete Common Core Pack.
> Already purchased an assessment product from me? Read what makes this product different.
This is a DIGITAL FILE. No physical product will be mailed to you. You'll receive a link to an INSTANT DOWNLOAD in both your order confirmation email and under your "Purchases" dashboard. **You'll need to unzip this file after downloading. How to unzip a file.**
This file has EDITABLE portions. Custom edits and the original files in .cdr and .xls format are not available at this time. Please send a personal message if you find a typo or have a suggestion for a future product update. Updates are FREE and available from your dashboard.
Are you already a follower? If not, start today! You'll be the first to hear of NEW products so you can SAVE 25% off the first 24 hours a product becomes available. Follow Me Now!
You may also like: Teacher Planning Pages | Substitute Survival and Thrive-al | Editable Student Information Sheet
Join me on Kindergartenworks.com for freebies, teaching ideas and organization ideas. Or join in the conversation on facebook with thousands of other kindergarten teachers!
KindergartenWorks.com | Teacher T-Shirts | Facebook
In a nutshell - It's yours to store privately and use personally.
- One license purchase allows you access to the file for use in your own personal classroom.
- You can download and store the purchased digital file (and revisions downloaded from your dashboard) onto a computer(s), device (s) or cloud-based account(s) to which only you can access the product (Private).
- Copyrighted material (purchased file and all revisions) may not be uploaded to a blog, website, forum or cloud-based account where others can access it (Shared/Public Settings).
Assess these Common Core Standards:
- K.CC.1.a. Count orally by ones to at least 30, 60, 100.
- K.CC.1.b. Count orally by tens to 30, 60, 100.
- K.CC.5.c. Given a number from 1-20, count out that many objects.
- K.CC.3.a. Recognize numbers from 0-10.
- K.CC.3.d. Recognize numbers from 11-20 out of sequence.
- K.CC.3.b. Print numbers from 0-9 when prompted. (Number formation)
- K.CC.3.c. Print numbers from 0-20 when prompted (number formation)
- K.CC.3.e. Write the number that represents how many objects are in a set, up to 20.
- K.G.1.a Identify and name the following shapes: squares, circles, triangles, rectangles, hexagons.
- K.G.4.a Describe two-dimensional shapes to identify their various attributes, including vertices, sides, corners, and length of
- K.OA.4.a. State the number that makes 5 when added to any given number 1-4 with objects.
- K.OA.4.d. Represent the number that makes 10 when added to any given number, 1-9. with a drawing.
- K.OA.1.e. Represent addition and subtraction by acting out situations and drawings.
- K.OA.2.a Solve addition word problems orally up to 10 when read aloud using objects or drawings.
- K.OA.5.a. Add fluently, orally or in writing, within 5.
- K.OA.5.b. Subtract fluently, orally or in writing, within 5.
- K.RF.1.a-1. Demonstrate how to hold a book with correct orientation.
- K.RF.1.a-2. Distinguish pictures from words by pointing when prompted.
- K.RF.1.a-3. Locate on a printed page where to start reading with multiple lines of text.
- K.RF.1.a-4. Demonstrate that the left page of a book is read before the right page of a book.
- K.RF.1.a-5. Track text with a finger on a printed page from left to right.
- K.RF.1.a-6. Track text with finger from one line of the printed page to the next line on the same printed page (return
- K.RF.1.a-7. Demonstrate that pages are turned one at a time in a sequence from front to back.
- K.RF.1.c-2. Point to individual words using one-to-one correspondence.
- K.RL.6.b. With prompting and support, define the role of the author in telling the story.
- K.RI.6.d. With prompting and support, define the role of the illustrator in presenting ideas or information.
- K.RL.3.a. With prompting and support, define the term characters.
- K.RL.3.c. With prompting and support, define the term setting.
- K.SL.1.c. Define the term topic.
- K.SL.1.b. Define the term conversation.
- K.SL.2.b. Define the term question.
- K.W.1.d. Define opinion and recognize what an opinion is.
- K.RF.2.a-1. Identify if words rhyme when given a spoken prompt.
- K.RF.2.a-2. State corresponding rhyming words in response to an oral prompt.
- K.RF.1.d-3. Identify orally all uppercase letters in random order.
- K.RF.1.d-4. Identify orally all lowercase letters in random order.
- K.RF.2.d-1. State the initial sounds in three-phoneme words.
- K.RF.2.d-2. State the final sounds in three-phoneme words.
- K.RF.2.d-3. State the medial sounds in three-phoneme words.
- K.RF.3.a-2. Produce 100% of the primary or most frequent sounds for each consonant.
- K.RF.3.c. Read common high-frequency words by sight.
- K.RF. 4 Read emergent-reader texts with purpose and understanding. (Recording Space Only)
- K.W.3.b. Use a combination of drawing, dictating, and writing to sequence several events or experiences into a beginning,
- middle, or end of a narrative.
- K.W.3.c. Describe reactions or feelings to selected events or experiences.
- K.L.1.f-2. Write by moving left to right and from top to bottom.
- K.L.1.f-3. Produce a complete simple sentence in writing.
- K.L.2.a-2. Capitalize the pronoun I in writing.
- K.L.2.c-1. Write a letter or letters for consonant sounds (phonemes).
- K.L.2.c-2. Write a letter or letters for short vowel sounds (phonemes).
- K.L.2.d. Spell simple words phonetically, drawing on knowledge of sound-letter relationships.
- K.L.5.c. Identify real-life connections between words and their use.