Templates that makes PLANNING for your guided reading lessons for kindergarten more SIMPLE and time-effective! Help your beginning readers by using the right strategies, and focusing on the right things before and after the reading.
Simply print and fill in the template to save you time and allow you to review your plans quickly... what it is you want to accomplish with your group.
Explanation of reading strategies
Questions you can use to guide students
3 lesson plan samples
Template for level 1/A
Template for level 2/B
Template for level 3/C
Template for level 4/C
Template for level 5/D
Template for level 6/D
Template for level 7/E
Template for level 8/E
Template for level 9-10/F
Template for level 11-12/G
Weekly Group Planning Sheet
This is a DIGITAL FILE. No physical product will be mailed to you. You'll receive a link to an INSTANT DOWNLOAD in both your order confirmation email and under your "Purchases" dashboard.
This file is NOT EDITABLE. Custom edits and the original files in .cdr format are not available at this time. Please send a personal message if you find a typo or have a suggestion for a future product update. Updates are FREE and available from your dashboard.
Are you already a follower? If not, start today! You'll be the first to hear of NEW products so you can SAVE 25% off the first 24 hours a product becomes available. Follow Me Now!
You may also like: Guided Reading Pack **Best Value** | Guided Reading Strategy Posters | Guided Reading Running Record Logs
Join me on Kindergartenworks.com for freebies, teaching ideas and organization ideas. Or join in the conversation on facebook with thousands of other kindergarten teachers!
KindergartenWorks.com | Teacher T-Shirts | Facebook
Helps Meet Common Core English/Language Arts Standards:
- K.RF.1.a-1. Demonstrate how to hold a book with correct orientation.
- K.RF.1.a-2. Distinguish pictures from words by pointing when prompted.
- K.RF.1.a-3. Locate on a printed page where to start reading with multiple lines of text.
- K.RF.1.a-4. Demonstrate that the left page of a book is read before the right page of a book.
- K.RF.1.a-5. Track text with a finger on a printed page from left to right.
- K.RF.1.a-6. Track text with finger from one line of the printed page to the next line on the same printed page (return sweep).
- K.RF.1.a-7. Demonstrate that pages are turned one at a time in a sequence from front to back.
- K.RF.1.a. Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
- K.RF.1.b-1. Distinguish letters from numbers on a printed page by pointing.
- K.RF.1.b-2. Locate a letter on a printed page within text.
- K.RF.1.b-3. State that letters are placed together to form words.
- K.RF.1.b-4. Locate a word on a printed page within text (reads own name).
- K.RF.1.b-5. Listen to spoken sentence(s) and state individual words in the sentence(s).
- K.RF.1.b. Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
- K.RF.1.c-1. Isolate words within printed text. Example: Isolate words using index cards or by circling words.
- K.RF.1.c-2. Point to individual words using one-to-one correspondence.
- K.RF.1.c. Understand that words are separated by spaces in print.
- K.RF.2.b-1. Recognize the concept of a syllable (e.g., parts/chunks of a word).
- K.RF.2.b-2. Count and state the number of syllables in words.
- K.RF.2.d-1. State the initial sounds in three-phoneme words.
- K.RF.3.c. Read common high-frequency words by sight (e.g., the, of, to, you, she, my, is, are, do, does).
- K.RI.4.a. With prompting and support, recognize that words have a meaning.
- K.RI.4.b. With prompting and support, recognize when a word is not understood in the context of a text.
- K.RL.7.a. Identify that illustrations tell a story or help tell a story.
- K.RL.10. Actively engage in group reading activities with purpose and understanding.
- K.SL.1.a. Listen to and follow directions.
- K.SL.1.e. Participate in a conversation about a book or text and other kindergarten topics.
- K.SL.1.h. Speak to and respond in a group in complete sentences.
- K.SL.1.i. Express a relevant response (on topic) by listening to the conversation.
- K.SL.6.b. Role play different voice levels. Use the appropriate voice level for one to one, table/small group, whole group, and outdoor settings.
- K.SL.6.c. Express ideas in complete sentences so that everyone can understand.
In a nutshell - It's yours to store privately and use personally.
- One license purchase allows you access to the file for use in your own personal classroom.
- You can download and store the purchased digital file (and revisions downloaded from your dashboard) onto a computer(s), device (s) or cloud-based account(s) to which only you can access the product (Private).
- Copyrighted material (purchased file and all revisions) may not be uploaded to a blog, website, forum or cloud-based account where others can access it (Shared/Public Settings).