Take your students on an adventure to remember by making gingerbread men and having them come alive. Your students will be taken on a reading and writing adventure that will have them learning, problem solving and connecting to the well-loved classic story. You'll be amazed at what a little magic can do for your readers and writers. This is by far my favorite literacy unit each year!
Make this a simple process with everything you need to pull it together. Balanced Literacy components are all found including activities and resources, parent letters, cooperating teacher letters, emergent readers, retelling props, technology integration and more! Lots of photos to help you along the way.
- Sample Planning Calendar (for Two-Week Theme)
- Poem (Shared Reading)
- Poem Interactive Cards/Identifier Cards (Shared Reading)
- Book Suggestions (Read Aloud)
- Dissecting Favorite Versions (Story Elements Mapping)
- Class Book (Independent Reading & Writing)
- Retelling Masks (Read Aloud)
- Emergent Readers (Independent Reading)
- Themed File-Folder Word Wall
- Shared Writing (List of Ideas)
- Interactive Writing I (Recipe)
- Interactive Writing II (Class Letter)
- Independent Writing Piece (Lost Poster)
- Letters to Parents for Supplies/Replies
- Checklist for Organizing Supplies
- Letter to Cooperating Teachers/Reminder
- Great Snapshot Ideas
- Technology Integration Links
- Bulletin Board Ideas
- Wrapping It Up
- Room Parent Letters
This is a DIGITAL FILE. No physical product will be mailed to you. You'll receive a link to an INSTANT DOWNLOAD in both your order confirmation email and under your "Purchases" dashboard.
This file is NOT EDITABLE. Custom edits and the original files in .cdr format are not available at this time. Please send a personal message if you find a typo or have a suggestion for a future product update. Updates are FREE and available from your dashboard.
Are you already a follower? If not, start today! You'll be the first to hear of NEW products so you can SAVE 25% off the first 24 hours a product becomes available. Follow Me Now!
You may also like: Frosted Math and Literacy | Christmas Place Value Race Game | Red Riding Hood Mini-Unit
Join me on Kindergartenworks.com for freebies, teaching ideas and organization ideas. Or join in the conversation on facebook with thousands of other kindergarten teachers!
KindergartenWorks.com | Teacher T-Shirts | Facebook
In a nutshell - It's yours to store privately and use personally.
- One license purchase allows you access to the file for use in your own personal classroom.
- You can download and store the purchased digital file (and revisions downloaded from your dashboard) onto a computer(s), device (s) or cloud-based account(s) to which only you can access the product (Private).
- Copyrighted material (purchased file and all revisions) may not be uploaded to a blog, website, forum or cloud-based account where others can access it (Shared/Public Settings).