An organized and well-designed balanced literacy center can show student growth over the entire year. My favorite center that grows with my kinders is our detective center. Get your kinders on mission being letter and word detectives!
- Choices/Goals Poster - explains what goals and choices are available (what to do)
- Literacy Center Icon - add to your center workboard
- 6 Materials Picture Icon Labels - make organization simple
- Detective Notebook - 37 pgs. Students grow from simply copying words, to reading them and noticing chunks, bits and utilizing their reading strategies!
- 35 Focus Cards - letters A-Z, digraphs and beginning reader common phonics patterns
- Teacher Tips - for adding phonics phones, cameras and silly glasses to make your detectives feel "official"
- Updated Addition: 20 pgs. Detective "Bits" Notebook for higher level readers. Includes igh, ck, ow, ou, ar, silent e, oo, er, aw, ew, oi, ee, y as e, y as i, ai, ay, or, ir, ea
When you put it together what do you get? Focused exploration of environmental print.
This is a DIGITAL FILE. No physical product will be mailed to you. You'll receive a link to an INSTANT DOWNLOAD in both your order confirmation email and under your "Purchases" dashboard.
This file is NOT EDITABLE. Custom edits and the original files in .cdr format are not available at this time. Please send a personal message if you find a typo or have a suggestion for a future product update. Updates are FREE and available from your dashboard.
Are you already a follower? If not, start today! You'll be the first to hear of NEW products so you can SAVE 25% off the first 24 hours a product becomes available. Follow Me Now!
You may also like: See Stamp Write | Smart Literacy Centers | Frosted Math and Literacy
Join me on Kindergartenworks.com for freebies, teaching ideas and organization ideas. Or join in the conversation on facebook with thousands of other kindergarten teachers!
KindergartenWorks.com | Teacher T-Shirts | Facebook
Helps Meet Common Core English/Language Arts Standards:
- K.RF.1.c-1. Isolate words within printed text. Example: Isolate words using index cards or by circling words.
- K.RF.1.c-2. Point to individual words using one-to-one correspondence.
- K.RF.1.c. Understand that words are separated by spaces in print.
- K.RF.1.d-1. Identify orally at least 50 percent of uppercase letters in random order.
- K.RF.1.d-2. Identify orally at least 50 percent of lowercase letters in random order.
- K.RL.4.e-2. Break words into sounds to read unknown words.
- K.RL.4.e-3. Chunk unknown words into parts to read unknown words.
- K.RL.5. Recognize common types of texts (e.g., storybooks, poems).
- K.L.1.a-1. Print at least 50% of uppercase letters.
- K.L.1.a-2. Print at least 50% of lowercase letters.
- K.L.1.a-3. Print all uppercase letters.
- K.L.1.a-4. Print all lowercase letters.
- K.L.1.f-2. Write by moving left to right and from top to bottom.
In a nutshell - It's yours to store privately and use personally.
- One license purchase allows you access to the file for use in your own personal classroom.
- You can download and store the purchased digital file (and revisions downloaded from your dashboard) onto a computer(s), device (s) or cloud-based account(s) to which only you can access the product (Private).
- Copyrighted material (purchased file and all revisions) may not be uploaded to a blog, website, forum or cloud-based account where others can access it (Shared/Public Settings).